Wednesday 7 December 2011

Quiet Book - Part I

Hurray! I have made a start on the quiet book that I wanted to make for my daughter's Christmas present. Although it is far more realistic that it will be an Easter present, or even next year's birthday present (she's an August girl). I told myself I was going to do a simple book, that the activities would not be too involved, that I would only spend a couple hours on each page...HA!

That idea has gone out the window, but that's okay. I am having far too much fun on it so far. I really enjoy hand stitching and embroidery - I am certainly no expert, but I enjoy it, especially doing tiny detailed stitches. I just hope I will keep up the momentum and manage to complete it to this level of detail.

 I decided to start on the shoe-tying page, and to be honest, this page only took a few hours to do. My hubby told me it was too involved, but I laughed that off. To the left is my original sketch of this page. As you can see, it is not going to be the first page in the book. It just seemed like a simple place to start.

I used a pair of shoes that currently fit my daughter, and traced around those - they were just a perfect size for an A4 sized book. I used felt, some fabric scraps, some yarn and ribbon scraps, cute purple eyelets and embroidery thread to create the pair of shoes. You can see the finished product below.




They apparently got the approval of the two-year-old - "Wear it? Wear it now, Mummy?" She then proceeded to attempt to do just that.

1 comment:

  1. Bravo ! C'est super !
    Merci d'avoir partagé votre patron
    Tinoune

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love that you are thinking of commenting on my blog. Please do! I love comments :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...