Saturday 2 March 2013

Shakespearean Quote with Blackwork Border

I'm sorry I've been AWOL recently. Sickness hit our household again, and I did not escape this time.

One plus side of being unwell is that I allow myself more time to sit. And if I am just sitting...I might as well be stitching. Here is the product of this recent stitching time. I was commissioned by the mother of a previous customer to create this piece.

It was a nice change to work with counted stitching on even weave Aida cloth. I drafted the script up myself, and used a pattern from Carol Leather's Blackwork For Beginners eBook (available here). 

I think the blackwork border works nicely with the quote - both originating from the period in history.




This is going to be a wedding present for my customer's son. And that warms my heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I love that you are thinking of commenting on my blog. Please do! I love comments :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...